J. Herbin Emeraude de Chivor

This one's going to be an ink post!

It's a storm day today, work was closed, and I've spent a good part of my day doodling with Emeraude de Chivor ink... and bingeing Dirty John on Netflix. One heck of a story... 

I've been using this ink a LOT at work and for personal things in the last few weeks, and I thought I'd share some impressions.

The picture I took of today's little project is a bit dark... my apologies, it was nighttime by the time I finished. Anyhow, it was a pleasure to do. Super smooth pen-on-paper experience with this ink. I used a platinum preppy and Midori (now Traveller's) paper. Fantastic richness of colour, and no bleeding or feathering. It was very enjoyable. No clogging; it's been weeks (eye-dropper ink capacity) and the flow it still good.



And, taken on a sunnier day...


The shimmer settles, so you have to gently turn the bottle over until it mixes before filling.


I've been looking at reviews for this ink for a very, very long time. I'm pretty thrilled with it, although it doesn't have that red and gold sheen I've seen in other pictures. Maybe the reformulation is different that way. This one is dark teal with a subtle gold-esque shimmer. I still like it an awful lot.

Cheers, and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts