Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day! 

It's been a LONG time since my last post. Normally I don't like to share much in the way of personal, and most anyone who views this blog likely wouldn't care to hear about those things, but I have decided that in my next post I will explain where I've been and why the hiatus.


On to Valentine's Day features. Things that are pink and relate to stationery, and things that smell good.
For perfume, here are my Valentine's Day recommendations - all florals.

Number one, Diorissimo by Dior.

Reformulated I'm sure quite a few times since its original release, it still has that classic feel and that clean Dior aesthetic. This one's a bright, cheery, clean, Springtime floral. Breezy and crisp. It tells of the coming Spring, and that's what I love about this for the present time of year. There's nothing stuffy about lily of the valley - after all, it's Dior's signature ingredient. 


Number two, Frederic Malle's En Passant.

No, not "organic" in the organic produce way, but organic as in genuine, not forced, occurs naturally. It's a moment in time that recalls the outdoors,  walking by a lilac bush, smelling the rain. What could be more romantic...


Number three, Lalique's Lalique.

Lalique is so very romantic: soft jasmine with a touch of vanila, shower-fresh from the pear, predominantly floral, with a hint of spice from the sandalwood, the iris and the clove.



For ink - for those love notes or cards - I wanted to feature Kosumosu from Iroshizuku.


It has great shading, a lovely bottle, it's very well-behaved, and really livens up the page.


Happy Valentine's Day!

A.


Comments

Popular Posts