Tom Ford Santal Blush




Tom ford, Santal Blush. Because of the "blush," I get the impression that people expect soft florals and fluffy sweet musks, which is why a lot of its reviews have been ones of disappointment and confusion. I don't think anyone outright hates it, but it's misunderstood based on expecations. That asside, personally, I love it! Granted, its aesthetic is way off the mark for the scent it houses, but we adjust our perceptions (shouldn't have to readjust our perceptions at 250$ a pop, but whatevs). 
This scent 100% reminds me of Christmas. It smells of fresh cut wood, of pine needles, fresh air, embers, churches (polished wood, sandalwood incense), the spice of Christmas cookies and breads, and there's a subtle creamy, soapy scent that gently elevates this perfume to a high-class slightly more feminine smell.



It's all woodsy, aromatic notes, all the way through. If you are looking for something softer/sweeter, go for Penhaligon's Artemisia, it's what I though this should have smelled like. Though, I don't think I would have been any happier with it if it had actually met my expectations. I love Santal Blush more and more all the time. It surprises me, surpasses expectations. It's fresher and more wood-chip-y than I'd thought it would be, but I find myself loving it.
Unlike many sandalwood scents, this is not one to shy away from in the summer - it's fresh and clear, not sultry and rich like most sandalwoods. Perfect for any time of year, especially the cool, cosy holidays!



Thanks for reading,
A.

Comments

Popular Posts