My Fashion And Personal Style Influences

Since the beginning of our teenage years, we all obsess about it. Style, makeup, looks we like, people we admire and want to emulate. We take bits and pieces of other people's personal style and create our own by mixing and matching things we see and like. It's pretty personal, and even when we're older, we do this all the time, we just don't think about it as much. And that's just what I've been thinking about : who do I admire right now? What do I love about their personal style - be it make-up, clothing, etc.

Here are a few people & styles I've come up with.

First of all (because she is my most important), Ruth Crilly of A Model Recommends. Casual no-fuss style, but can still pull of the chic look whenever she feels like it. I love her versatility and her penchant for cute yet understated make-up, clothing and jewellery. I also just really love Ruth Crilly. Not in the sense that were I to run into her on the side-walk I'd be inclined to get super creepy about it, but more in the sense that she's someone I admire personally and think would be an awesome person to know. I like her outlook, her personality and her interests. Very nifty woman. I can't recommend her web site and youtube channel enough.






Secondly, Gisele Bündchen, specifically in her Chanel n°5 commercial.




She is completely fabulous, has lots of favets to her life and lots of roles - as most of us to in reality - she really fleshes out what it looks like to be a real woman, albeit under the best circumstances possible (I mean, that lifestyle is not exactly common, but sill, this is an ad that shows a mother still being sexy and being in a committed relationship).
I love the style in this one, I love her putting her make-up and perfume on with her girl, it's one of those great memories we make with our mothers, watching her doll herself up for a special outing. 

Everything that I adore about this piece of film comes down to Gisele - she's fantastic.

Thirdly, I am crazy about Diane Kruger. She's so beautiful and modest about it. There's a picture of her that she did for Chanel also (for Le Lift face cream, I believe), and I just love the colouring, the make-up, everything. I also loved her in Wicker Park, one of my favourite movies.




Lastly (for now at least), Marion Cotillard.





She has an amazing look and personal style. She looks great with very little make-up (likely in part due to her confidence) but she can glam it up like no one else. Again, I love this versatility. She looks different in every picture you see of her, in every film. 

That's it for now!  

A.

Comments

Popular Posts