Giorgio Armani - Sì (Eau De Parfum)

I just got my bottle of Sì in the mail - goodness it is expensive at the perfume counter. I could only just justify it as a Frangrancex purchase. Can I just say - totes worth it, Sì is my 2016 summer love. 



It's been out for a few years, and has already garnered many sisters (oh, the flankers - they couldn't resist). I've known it existed, but it's funny, I've never paid it any mind, haven't even been curious about it. I'd seen the ads and not cared at all to look into it. Armani has disapointed me with it's Code this Code that, and some of its gio/gia/gi..o..ia(???!) offerings in recent history, so Sì didn't seem like any kind of a revelation. However, I was flipping through a 2014 Fall Vogue I have, and noticed that I'd never unfolded the sample on the Sì ad. 
I loved it. 




After sniffing that thing every morning for a week straight, I bit the bullet and ordered it before the summer heat descends (slow post service - cannot chance an order in the heat, who knows the conditions it could be exposed to). I love it. It smells like showering with a sugary floral shower gel, and somehow not smelling like a 19-year-old when you step out of it. It's sweet, but temperate. The sugar is cut my a very courteous, very well-behaved and refined Patchouli (yes, I used the term refined in describing Patchouli, which seems improbable, but there you have it, the darned Patchouli is flipping sophisticated here, don't ask me how!!!). This Patchouli is so well-behaved you can hardly tell it's there, which is amazing. Mossy hippy that it normally is, it has been absorbed into the vanilla, raining it in.




Freesia. Gloriously fresh and sweet, Freesia is just a beautiful, glistening ingredient, which here I feel lifts the fragrance into that happy place. It adds a sparkling champagne sort of air to this already nicely balanced ensemble, and it's just that added oomph that makes this a fun, carefree scent.

Feminine, you bet. Any age, any style, as long as you like it you can incorporate this into your day.  Sprightly and fizzly. A+ in my books.
One more detail of note, the bottom :




Rimmed on the bottom with gold toned metal (not paint, but metal!), this adds that extra sophistication that was not required, but is very much appreciated! It's thoughtful, like they put some care into this. High marks for detail in such a simple design.

Thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts