June 2015 - The Lineup

It's been a while since my last post, makes me realize just how busy I've been. My day job keeps me occupied, I'm lucky to have one. I've been way into wedding stuff too, spending loads of my free time looking at people's wedding pictures on weddingobsession.com to get ideas of styles I like and atmospheres I can picture for my own upcoming wedding (next September). I've also been spending quite a bit of free time catching up on The Uphill, the pregnancy journal that Ruth Crilly of A Model Recommends (AMR) has been sharing, it's a wonderful, insightful and entertaining look at pregnancy. Plus, I love Ruth, I've been following her for years and her writing is excellent. She's a fascinating woman and I'd read anything of hers. I may have been reading The Uphill late into the night last night. And now, after a fabulous sleep-in, I'm having a nice relaxing day today, and it's post time! I thought I'd do a little lineup of things I've been using a lot lately and liking.


1. Cover Girl Smoothers BB cream - Not much into the hype of BB creams and the like, but it's summer, my skin was cranky for a while, I wanted something that moisturised but didn't sit too thick the way that a foundation does even. In the summer with the 100% humidity heavy in the air, I wanted my face to feel as airy as possible, with the benefit of some extra coverage. Wonderful product, have used for than half. Especially excellent when finished with... 


2. Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder. Light, natural, a good coverage that gives the illusion of a translucent powder. Aibrush finish - my skin but better.make-up does NOT crease, crinkle, or so much as budge with this amazing stuff. Easy to remove, stays in place, blends in like a pro.Easy, no-fuss makeup. My face makeup (under eyes included) takes less than ten minutes to do in the morning. Also this product does a superb job of setting concealer around the eyes. Doesn't look cake-y or ppwdery, just sets it and keeps it looking natural all day.



3. My faux-Tiffany jewellery - Venetian box-link bracelet, twist-know earrings. Same metal, same sizes, 20 dollars vs 260. That's frugal. 


4. Chance. Chanel twist-&-spray, eau de toilette (in Chanel terms, that doesn't mean weaker as it usually would, just different formulation). Fresh, floral, musky, fruity. Confident, light, very Chanel. 

That's today's lineup, hope you enjoyed it!


Have a good day and thanks for reading! 

A.

Comments

Popular Posts