Vacation and Girly Things

I just got back from a lovely and much needed vacation with my Sweedum. This was our first one together. It was very nice to get some distance from work and from the new routine, and after a week, to me the new routine didn't feel like something we had to get the hang of any more, but something we could settle back into. Sometimes all you need is a breather.

On our trip, since we were in big cities, I picked up some girly things that I was able to swatch in person! It is always easier to select makeup in person if you can.

Chanel Rouge Allure 148 La Foudroyante

Chanel Rouge Allure 99 Pirate

NARS, Orgasm

NARS Dione & Himalaya


I think eye shadow is one of the hardest things to get right if you can't swatch it in person. They have varying degrees of reflectivity and opacity, you don't know what you're getting until you swatch it. I've been looking for these colours for a long time, but they're such specific shades that it's not the sort of thing I feel like chancing in an online order after searching reviews. They're shades of beige/grey that are not much darker than the skin around the eye, one is cooler (Dione, left), the other pulling into more goldy/bronzy tones. Both are very similar on, but they each work better with different makeup looks.

I'll likely do a bit of a review once I've experimented more with them, had some time to play ;) As of yet, I'm not so familiar with NARS and the quality/textures of their products, but I can say that rouge allure by Chanel never disappoints.


Until then,


Have a great day and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts