Valentine's Day


I love Valentine's day! And once again, it is just around the corner - how did that happen? Time always gets away from me somehow.


Last year, I wrote up a post about makeup and fragrance, getting ready to go out on Valentine's day. I ended up staying in, myself. I had a lovely night in with my sweetie - who cooked, and baked - and we did more of a dressed-up Valentine's day in the summer, since February is the most miserable month where I live, cold as can be and windy too. Not exactly dress-wearing weather. As such, in August we went out. And it was miserable. Going to a place where you can wear a nice dress means going to a decent place. It was cramped and stuffy. Stuffier than I'd ever imagined. We were a foot away in all directions from five other tables, which meant we couldn't really speak candidly. Food came too fast, it was too pricey, and the place was as noisy as a school cafeteria. Lesson learned: intimacy is best achieved at home. I can make better food for less, and I can take satisfaction in puttering in the kitchen. What's more, I get to fuss over table dressings!

Staying in has all sorts of perks. You get full rein over atmosphere and menu, and you get to stay as long as you want - and when you finish up with dinner, you don't have to go anywhere, so there's no worry over how much wine you have! And one big perk is that putting time into your set up is a way of showing your love. It's a wonderful option for V-day!

This is what I've decided to do this year, though it likely will not be the day of, unfortunately (with any luck, it will still happen close to the 14th, give or take a month). I will cook, and we will have an elegant evening in! Here is the set up I've been working on for the occasion...

Pink & White table dressings...

Super Fancy-Shmancy fine china napkin rings...
Lenox Opal Innocence Napkin Rings

The most adorable single-flower vase that has ever graced a table...
Chloe vase Royal Doulton

Extras & details...

Here's wishing you all a magical Valentine's day, if it's your sort of thing!

Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts