Holiday Lips

Christmas is a time for bright lips, bold colours, and yeah, a little chapping too. My tips for the holidays? A nice mild red that doesn't feather, and the tried and true Carmex.



I love Carmex. I have been using it for quite some time now, still love the texture and the scent, and the results are fantastic. I work in customer service, and I've seen so many people over the last few days with lips so wind-chapped they're scabbing. As for mine, they might as well exist in a separate season! My secret? Carmex at night. Like a night cream for your eyes, you just put some on at bedtime and leave it alone til morning, and voilà. Perfection. When it comes to bold colours, they can bring attention to dryness and cracks, so this is the way to pull it off.



My pick for the holiday lipstick this year is Clinique's Long Wear lipstick in Pink Chocolate. It goes on in almost a dry, cherry red, just dark enough to look like you're wearing a daring red, but not so dark that you look Vampy from afar. It doesn't look quite as red in the tube, even in real life, but it goes on perfectly red.

As I mentioned in an earlier post about lipsticks, this one is very good for dark shades because it isn't too moist, but it is moisturising and has some very nice ingredients. Plus, it has a solid metal case, and it's better than drugstore lippies but still won't break the bank. So many pros.

Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts