Spicy Ginger Tea

Well, it seems that fall is coming fast. Already there are chilly days and the dampness can be a little unpleasant in the autumn months. Here is a little something to temper the chill!

I do a lot of perfume posts, it's true, but I'm also pretty keen on flavours. I plan to integrate a few food posts soon. Today, I'm starting off by talking about tea.

There are lots of good teas out there in all sorts of price ranges, so it's understandable that we never think to mix our own blend at home. Some people mix two bags together in one pot, but I'm talking about something a little different.

Ginger flavoured things are never quite as hot and spicy as the real thing - the most depressing examples of this being in teas. Recently, however, I was introduced to one I liked - but I can't get it in stores near me. Suddenly, the light bulb went on: Why not mix my own?


I have tea filters, they're like pouches for tea that are made out of the same material as coffee filters, so I decided to load it up with a generous about of finely grated ginger, which took me barely a minute to prepare, as well as a bag of green tea, and a dash of black pepper. You can add any spice you like, and any tea as a base (for instance, you could use a bag of mint tea, or black tea, even earl grey), popped it in a teapot, and voilà. It all mingled together into a hot, spicy autumn tea.

Give it a try! Play around with ingredients! This really satisfied my ginger craving.

Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts