How to turn your favourite cleanser into a scrub

Years ago, I was having my make-up done for prom. I was eighteen, my skin was awful, and the waters of skin care seemed pretty murky (as a teen, you get bombarded with skin care adds for products that mostly don't work, but of course you buy them anyway, hoping for a miracle, right?). I was talking with the make-up artist about the confusion and trouble I was having in finding a good skin care routine, and this is when I was introduced to the best tip I ever got, which I will now share with you!




Part of a good routine is ex-foliation -- within reason. Do not incorporate this tip into your daily routine. Try instead for once a week. Now, there are scrubs out there with bits of heaven-knows-what in them, but there is a much simpler (and cheaper) option. It's hard to find a cleanser you really like. Why buy a scrub you might not like, when you can turn your favourite cleaners into a scrub! Here's how:


Keep a container of sugar in the bathroom, something you can poor from.

Step 1, get your hair out of the way and wet both your hands with warm water.

Step 2, put your normal amount of cleanser in your left hand (unless you're a lefty, in which case switch that).

Step 3, lightly close your hand and squish the cleanser so that it sort of coats your palm - don't over do it.

Step 4, poor on about a teaspoon's worth of sugar onto the cleanser, and rub your hands together just enough to mix it a little and to start up the lather, the go ahead!


I like to rinse it off over the sink, cupping warm water from the tap in both hands. Just keep in mind, you don't need to splash vigorously, there's no need for a big mess every time. It just takes a little practice and patience.

Adjust the sugar/cleanser ratio to your liking in subsequent scrubbings.

Comments

Popular Posts