A Foggy Day In London Town?

 


With all the grey days, I've been tempted lately to talk about a fashionable way to keep warm and dry, and I couldn't help but turn my post title into a pun this time, so that gives it away... I'll be talking about the London Fog! Also, I just love that song that Michael Bublé sings. It sort of inspired this post, because it's been in my head for quite a while.

London Fog 2London Fog1I love simple, classic styles, they never go out of fashion and when you get down to it, they're the proper thing. There are so many brand names that make their own version of the classic London Fog (by classic London Fog, I'm talking about the knee-length, double-breasted, plaid-lined rain coat with the double pointed lapels, the shoulder buckles and the belt). Now I ask you, if all these other companies love the classic London Fog enough to copy it like crazy, doesn't that seem like a reason to buy a classic London Fog from the London Fog company? Why buy the knock-off (I'm sorry, even if it's a big brand name, it's a knock-off of the original) when you can get the original London Fog for the same price? Made sense to me...        
            
London Fog makes a lot of variations of this classic style trench. I have a classic London Fog in beige, with tortoiseshell buttons and buckles. I've worn this in downpours and cool windy weather, and it's been wonderful. The lining is warm, the outer fabric is quite resilient and water-resistant (though in torrential rain, a little dampness is to be expected with any coat that isn't made of rubber). What's more, this is as stylish as could be and you can wear it all your life, so long as it's in good shape, and it won't go out of style.

London Fog 3


Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts