Happy Skin: Le Visage

In this post, I want to talk about my very simple face skincare routine. I've tried loads of products I hate, but these are the ones I love and use. Keeping it simple is always good advice, so here goes, enjoy!



First off, my favourite cleanser ever, Purity by the brand Philosophy.

Purity Phylosophy

Purity by Philosophy is a great cleanser that comes in lots of sizes, including this huge 710 ml that I've been using for over a year. Still lots left. The big one goes for around 50 dollars, but when you calculate value for volume, it's no worse than clean n' clear, except it's better. This stuff will remove makeup - it's made to - and a little bit foams up nicely for a smooth, gentle cleaning that will leave you refreshed. It has a pleasant smell too, something like ginger.

One thing you can do with this too every now and again is, if you want to really ex-foliate, mix in a little sugar with it in your palm. Really massage it and rinse well with warm water just with your hands. Leaves the skin baby-soft. 

I really love this product and will continue to use it and repurchase.


---


Occasionally, I will use a toner. For some people, it makes a huge difference. For me, I can take it or leave 
it, but it can be nice some days.

Clarins Lotion Tonique

The Clarins Lotion Tonique is one of my splurges, but it's a good splurge, rather than a why did I buy this it's not even that good for the price splurge. It smells really good, like chamomile. No wonder, there's chamomile in it! This is a toner that makes the skin feel extra comfortable and fresh. Love it.


---


On to moisturising. To anyone who has very dry skin and doesn't want to spend a fortune, you're welcome!

Glaxal Base Cream

Glaxal Base is one of the best things that I can (and do) recommend to anyone. It's great for ridiculously dry hands, or anywhere you need it, but it's also amazing for the face. I first had this recommended to me by a pharmacist for my hands, and later when I was talking to my doctor about acne, he suggested the same product, telling me that I could use this on my face because it does not clog the pores. It's generally just great for sensitive dry skin. A small dab goes a long way because it is THICK! But wow, does the moisture last all day long and beyond, unlike some more pricey creams and lotions I've tried over the years. Because it's thick, I find it easier to rub it between my hands first and then massage it onto my face. 

It was $10 for a 100 ml tub, but it will last you all year. So long as you're keeping your routine simple and you're moisturising with this stuff, you can really keep the cost of excellent skin care quite low. 10 bucks over the space of a year is pretty fantastic value.




I hope these tried and true suggestions will save someone a little aggravation. Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

A.

Comments

Popular Posts